I just got home after a long day studying for my exam on the 16th, and as per usual, I was lounging in our living room catching up on my social media accounts first and then checking my e-mails when I received a notification that someone left a comment on my blog. I checked it out and I saw that Angela of Pinayskattebasse nominated me for the Liebster Award — “an award that exists only in the internet, and is given to bloggers by bloggers.” And I was so honored! Sure, they don’t give out plaques of recognition but to have my blog be recognized by someone else is a lot for me already as I don’t really think my blog has that kind of reach yet. Thank you Angela, for nominating me!
Part of the rule is to give 11 questions that your nominated blogger/s have to answer. And here are my answer to Angela’s questions:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started my first blog on Multiply when I was in my first year of high school, so that’s around 2008. But I didn’t write that much yet. I moved to Tumblr, December of 2009 and I haven’t stopped since then. I started blogging because I was looking for ways in which I can express my opinion, and — because I was still a young tween who is too in love with the idea of love — I had a lot of feels and I needed an outlet for that. So I took comfort in writing about everything that I feel like writing on my blog.
2. How has blogging helped you when it comes to meeting other people virtually?
I think it has helped me a lot. When I was still in Tumblr, people would leave me messages on my Tumblr Ask or would reply to my posts, and we’d hit up a conversation. I’ve only ever met an internet friend once, I was fifteen or sixteen then and she was twenty, we follow each other on Tumblr and we found out that we’re about to go to the same photography workshop. It was such a cool experience.
3. What was the most memorable trip of your life?
I have two because I can’t choose one! HAHA. First was the spontaneous trip to Baler that my college friends and I took. It made me feel so young and reckless (in a good way — that kind that I can look back on fondly when I’m old and gray). The other was the Hong Kong trip that I had with my college girl friends. It really helped mark the start of me starting to adult!
4. How do you imagine yourself 5 years from now as a blogger?
Five years from now, I think I’ll be too consumed with medicine that I really won’t have the time to take on blogging full-time. But I think my posts will be more mature then — that I’ve finally felt like I have a purpose in life and that I’m no longer twenty and lost. Haha.
5. If you are to visit a country right now, what would it be and why?
New York! It’s fall season, and I’m a huge fan of fall. I want my first autumn experience to be in New York because I personally think that no country does autumn better than the Big Apple.
6. How do you choose your topic in blogging?
I honestly just blog about whatever pops into my mind. Whenever I’m feeling a surge of wanderlust, I blog about the places I’ve been to or the places that I want to go to; when I’m feeling unsure of the future, I blog about what I want to be someday; and when I’ve come across a topic that really intrigued me, I blog about it too.
7. Tell me the 3 best things about you.
I always take pride in me being independent — I think being a middle child really had something to do with that. I keep an open mind pretty much about everything so I (for a lack of a better term) tolerate those whose beliefs differ from mine as long as the person I’m talking to doesn’t keep pushing their belief down my throat.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Being too shy to take the chances that would help improve myself. When I was younger, I would turn down offers to attend an event because I was too shy. Or I would turn down joining contests or competitions just because I didn’t think I had the guts.
9. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
It will always be me being able to finish my thesis alone and earning the highest grade for it, ultimately leading to me graduating with latin honors. 😀
10. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
Sneak in at clothing stores and grab as much clothes as I like, and sneak in at a ticketing company and book myself trips to varying countries. HAHAHA.
11. Who would you like to live like for a day?
I don’t know if this is for fictional characters or for real people so I’d just choose one for both. I’d like to live like Dr. Gregory House from House, M.D.. I wanna know how it feels like to be that good of a doctor. For real people, I really don’t have anyone in mind. Perhaps, I wanna live like a well-known full time blogger for a day (think Aimee Song, etc.).
I hope I answered it well. Lol. Now, for the bloggers I nominate for this award who I will give 11 questions for them to answer…
1. Sheena from Sheena Loves Sunsets
2. Richel from Richel Goes Places
3. Bea from Wander B
4. Corinth from Explore With Corinth
5. Helga from Ditz Revolution
And the following are the questions that I would love for them to answer:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. If you were only allowed to eat one food everyday for as much as you like for a year, what would you pick?
3. If you could a non-living thing for a day, what would you be and why?
4. Are you now the person you imagined yourself to be five years ago?
5. What can you not live without?
6. If you were to pick a place to go to, where would it be and why?
7. If you were to be given $1, 000, 000 right now, what are you going to do with it?
8. If you can go back in time, would you? If so, what are you going to do?
9. Name a weird habit of yours.
10. What would you tell your five-year old self right now?
11. What would you tell your future self, ten years from now?
Should they so wish to participate, here are the following rules of receiving and passing on the award:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you
-Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
-Nominate 5 to 11 bloggers and let them know you nominated them
-Come up with 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated
– For more information about the Liebster Award, you may read this.
I hope they accept this nomination and keep passing on the appreciation! <3