FEATURED POSTS

THE 2017 READING LIST

January 17, 2017

Part of my goals this year is to read AT LEAST one novel every month. I say one because I’m saving up for other stuff (i.e. travel) and I didn’t want to get used to e-books because having my own personal library is still part of my dream. I want to keep on building my shelves and e-books are not the way to do that. Physically holding a copy, sniffing the freshly bought book smell, and just curling up in a corner getting lost in another world is a feeling that I personally yearn for. It’s been such a long time since I last did that and I miss it. For the past year, it has been difficult for me to concentrate on something and this is my way of remedying that.

So, here’s my reading list for the year 2017:

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard; Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick; Dance, Dance, Dance by Haruki Murakami; Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han; Althea and Oliver by Cristina Moracho; Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy; Made You Up by Francesca Zappia; Tell The Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt; It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover;  AduIthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen; This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper; and Trueman Bradley – The Next Great Detective by Alexei Maxim Russell

I have more on my list but those are the twelve books that are on top of so much more books that I want to lay my hands and eyes on. Here’s to bringing back my passion for reading! What’s on you 2017 reading list? 🙂

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Alissa January 18, 2017 at 4:36 am

I have read It Ends With Us and I love it! Colleen Hoover is my favorite author! AduIthood is a myth looks like a fun read, I see that comic on my feed sometimes.

• Reply Pia January 18, 2017 at 6:15 am

Thank for the feedback, Alissa! I loved “Hopeless” so I’m guessing this one’s gonna be good too. 🙂

• Reply nikoline January 18, 2017 at 4:53 pm

I would love to read some of these books too! I just can’t seem to find the time to read that much 🙁

TheNormcoreRebel

• Reply Pia January 19, 2017 at 10:16 am

Maybe you can take an hour off each day to read a few pages? Or maybe over the weekend? It’s so calming, I hope you get to find time to read again this year, Nikoline! 🙂

• Reply Richel V. January 19, 2017 at 4:09 am

I think I have read It Ends With Us. But most books by Colleen Hoover are good so you can’t go wrong with that. I’m aiming to finish 100 books this year but I’m not yet sure what to read. Always and Forever, Lara Jean is on my list but for the rest… I guess it depends on my Goodreads recommendations. Hehehe.

• Reply Pia January 19, 2017 at 10:17 am

Omg yeah she’s such a good author! Good luck on your 100 books, Richel. <3 I was so excited when Jenny Han announced she's writing a third book on the trilogy!! Also, most of the books in this list came from my Goodreads recommendations too! 😀

• Reply Augustin Ra January 21, 2017 at 9:21 am

When I heard about Jenny Han’s new book, ‘Always and Forever, Lara Jean’, I was extremely ecstatic and couldn’t wait for 2017 and of course, read it on an ebook format or much better, the actual book. *sigh* 😍 I have 10+ books of Haruki Murakami on my phone in epub format and I only read one (through printed because a friend had a copy), it was 1Q84. It was pretty thick and I was disappointed on how it went especially the ending was like ‘What? Is that it?’ Anyway, have you already read ‘1Q84’? I was also reading his short stories but I stopped. It’s ‘The Elephant Vanishes’, btw. 🙂

Good luck on your TBR list. 🙂

• Reply Pia January 21, 2017 at 9:37 am

Same! I was super happy when she posted a teaser on her Snapchat. Haha. The two Murakami books I read were good, the endings of both books were a bit open-ended for me but I guess that’s how he likes to leave his stories(?) Still a good read though. I’m intimidated by 1Q84 because of how thick it was! Lol. Thanks, Augustin! <3

• Reply Pearl Aton February 1, 2017 at 10:50 pm

I’ve been reading quite a lot of classic books in the past months, and I need a break from it all. I’ll definitely try these books.

I read Murakami’s Norwegian Wood ages ago and thought it was good. His writing style is A+! 🙂 I’m excited to find out if Dance Dance Dance is as good or maybe even better than Norwegian Wood.

• Reply Pia February 2, 2017 at 5:07 pm

I liked Norwegian Wood too! As well as Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage. Haruki Murakami writes really well. Glad you’d like to try reading the books on my list, Pearl. <3